May 12, 2009

Stampin' Up!

Did I ever think I'd ever NEED food stamps? Nooooooo.... no no, (cocky laugh) god no.

But... curiosity led me to google "poverty line" and somehow I ended up in a cubicle yesterday where a social worker and I shared a giggle after we determined that I technically cannot afford to live. (For those who don't know, radio and art only pay if you're famous.)

She told me that I not only qualify for food stamps, but I qualify for the maximum monthly allowance in the state of Wisconsin.


Assuming this isn't too good to be true, I will soon get a little plastic card in the mail that will be re-filled with $200 each month and my dinner will finally consist of more than a banana!

And if you have preconceived notions about people who get food stamps, don't worry.... as soon as I post this, I'm putting on my stained sweatpants, getting pregnant, robbing some elderly people and drinking some liquor out of a brown paper bag on your street corner.

Stay tuned for updates on my food stamp adventure!

1 comment:

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Hilarious! It is tough out there. Keep doing what you are doing. (I came across your blog on AFP). Great picture submission.