June 10, 2008

I might be painting you right now

I love estate sales.
I love painting.
I'm wouldn't say I LOVE recycling but I'm an advocate.

I also like to be efficient and mix my interests...SO....
I've started painting dead people.
Turns out, a lot of Kenosha people let their family's entire photo history go for a few dollars a box at estate sales. It's pretty tragic.
Anyway, I buy them up and put them to good use.
I started a series of paintings using photos I've accumulated. Each painting is based on photos from one specific family.
(Also, be respectful and burn your parents' frisky 1970s bathtub pictures before you put them in an estate sale. I've seen a lot of people in their bathtubs.)

If you recognize someone, let me know and I'll let you have the original photos.

No comments: